Fenway Storm Center: Parking Ban Remains in Effect
Check here often for updates about service delays and cancellations, new forecast information, and more info you'll need to make it through the storm.
The current storm, Feb. 7-9:
- About two feet of snow fell in Boston, with drifts up to 3-4 feet in some places.
- A snow emergency will go into effect at 12 p.m. on Friday. The ban is still currently in effect while crews work to clear roads.
- Fenway snow emergency parking restrictions: Alternate garages open beginning 10 a.m. Friday.
- The official city of Boston snow information page
Current Transportation Issues
MBTA service remains suspended. See here for more information.
Statewide travel ban was lifted on Saturday at 4 p.m. See here for more information.
Delays, Cancellations and Closings:
- Schools: All Boston Public Schools are CLOSED on Friday
- Municipal buildings: City Hall will close to the public at noon Friday.
- State offices: Closed.
- Courthouses: All state courthouses and offices will close at noon Friday. All emergency matters will be handled according to after-hours Trial Court procedures. All first day jurors scheduled for Boston are cancelled.
- Other delays reported to WHDH
- MBTA travel advisories
- Logan Airport: Open, but with many cancelations and delays.
- Symphony Hall: The 1:30 p.m. Boston Symphony Orchestra performance at Symphony Hall has been canceled. For refunds, call 888-266-1200.
- Trash/Recycling: Collection began at 6 a.m. on Friday. Crews began working early and will shut down when it is no longer safe to be on the roads.
- Community Centers: All Boston Centers for Youth and Family buildings are closed Friday through Sunday, Feb. 8-10.
- Libraries: All Boston Public libraries will be closed Friday through Sunday, Feb. 8-10.
- Parking meters: Normal rules apply
- Tow lot: Normal hours
- Street cleaning: Normal schedule
- City cemeteries: Closed until Monday, Feb. 11
- City golf courses: Closed until Monday, Feb. 11
- Merrimack vs. BU hockey game postponed
- BU: All classes cancelled for Friday and Saturday.
- Emmanuel: All classes and administrative buildings will be closed on Friday
- Northeastern: All classes cancelled for Friday and Saturday.
Digging Out Coverage
- Massachusetts Travel Ban Remains in Effect
- MBTA Service Suspended Saturday
- Blizzard Photos: Stick Your Camera Out the Window!
- MAP: How Much Snow Has Fallen in Fenway-Kenmore?
Fenway-Kenmore Patch Storm Coverage
- MBTA Service Suspended Friday Afternoon
- Blizzard Warning Issued for Boston, 2 Feet of Snow Expected
- NSTAR Offers Tips on How to Prepare for Snowstorm
- MBTA: How to Know What's Running During a Snowstorm
- City Taking Precautions to Deal with Serious Winter Storm
- How Boston Prepares for a Snowstorm and What You Can Do
- Boston Snow Emergency Parking in Fenway-Kenmore
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with South End Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
Important numbers listed by the city:
- Emergencies (Police, Fire, EMS): 911
- Mayor’s Hotline (24-Hrs): 617-635-4500
- ABCD Fuel Assistance: 617-357-6012
- Boston Water & Sewer: 617-989-7000
- Consumer Complaints: 617-635-3834
- DCR Storm Desk: 617-727-1680
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Inspectional Services: 617-635-1010
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MassDOT: 857-368-6111
- National Grid Gas: 800-322-3223
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- Resident can also receive snow updates using the City's Alert Boston system.
List of city-authorized cab companies:
- Top Cab: 617-266-4800
- Boston Cab: 617-536-3200
- I.T.O.A. Cab: 617-825-4000
- City Cab: 617-536-5100
- Metro Cab: 617-782-5500
- Tunnel Taxi: 617-567-2700
- 617TaxiCab: 617-829-4222
Was your car towed?
Snow removal during and after the storm