Things to Know in Fenway-Kenmore Today, Feb. 25: Concert for Middle East Peace
Here's what's happening in the neighborhood today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a partly sunny day with a high of 42 degrees.
2. Trivia Night for Charity: Coming up on Wednesday night is a trivia night at Game On (82 Lansdowne St.) themed "All Things Boston!" Teams of six will compete in Boston knowledge in categories such as History, Music, Movies, Sports and more. The first place team will win a FREE Batting Cage Party courtesy of Game On! The best part is, the event is a fundraiser for Spaulding Rehab Hospital's marathon team charity. It's $8 to play. See here for more information.
3. Concert for Israli-Palestinian Peace: Head to BU Central at the George Sherman Union (775 Commonwealth Ave.) tonight at 7 p.m. for a concert and a peace-building workshop to share experiences of growing up amidst the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Bring instruments for the multicultural jam session afterwards. See here for more information.
4. Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk: Registration is open for the 25th annual Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, set for Sunday, Sept. 8. The one-day fundraising event to fight all cancers offers four routes: the 26.2-mile route starting from Hopkinton; the 13.1-mile route from Babson College in Wellesley; the 5-mile route from Boston College; and the 3-mile route from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. All routes end at the Copley Square finish line in Boston. See here for more information.
5. Runners Needed: The Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County (CAC) is looking for five runners to join their Boston Marathon team on April 15. You don't need to run a cetain time to qualify, but you must be able to raise $3,000. See here for more information.
Things you can do every day on Fenway-Kenmore Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.