Things to Know in Fenway-Kenmore Today, Nov. 20: Strike Out Hunger at Jillian's
Here are five things going on in and around Fenway-Kenmore today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high near 49 degrees. The evening will cloud over and the temperature will drop to 37 degrees.
2. Project Bread's Strike Out Hunger Bowl-a-thon: Lace up your bowling shoes and help Project Bread strike out hunger at 5:30 p.m. at Jillian's (145 Ipswich St.) Cost of admission is $20.
3. ABCD Needs Volunteers: The Boston-based non-profit is looking for volunteers to help Boston residents get free tax preparation assistance. Take a free training and be prepared to help others save money on tax preparation. See here for more information.
4. State Senator Office Hours: State Senator Will Brownsberger will hold office hours on Tuesday, November 20, 7 to 8 p.m. at the Starbucks at 755 Boylston Street - between Fairfield and Exeter. All are welcome to visit Senator Brownsberger during this time to discuss issues, ask for help in dealing with state agencies, or talk about any other topic of concern. See here for more details.
5. BPL Lecture: Justice Stephen Beyer and Judge Doug Woodlock: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer and Judge Douglas P. Woodlock are speaking at the Boston Public Library at 6 p.m. tonight at the Rabb Lecture Hall. This event is free and open to all.
Things you can do every day on Fenway-Kenmore Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.