1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly cloudy day with a high near 47 degrees. There's a 20% chance of rain.
2. Meet Your State Senator: State Senator Will Brownsberger will hold open office hours tonight from 7 to 8 p.m. in the Fenway at Pavement Coffeehouse (1096 Boylston St.) All are welcome to visit Senator Brownsberger during this time to discuss issues, ask for help in dealing with state agencies, or talk about any other topic of concern. See here for more information.
3. Art on Display at Northeastern: Starting on Dec. 20, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston’s (SMFA) December Senior Thesis Exhibition features work by three BFA students graduating in December: Amanda Brack, Elizabeth Howland and Juliana Valle. You can check out the exhibit at Ell Hall (360 Huntington Ave) on weekdays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. See here for more information.
4. Gift Card Fundraiser: If you spend $100 or more on a gift certificate at Pathways to Wellness (1601 Washington St., 3rd Floor) you not only get a coupon for a free acupuncture treatment, but your purchase also helps subsidize a free or low-cost treatment for someone with HIV/AIDS. See here for more information.
5. Battle history: Now through Dec. 29, visit the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard and explore a special exhibition of artifacts and images from the Constitution's battle with HMS Java on Dec. 29, 1812. Experience the battle and its bloody aftermath with the video, "Honors of War," playing in the Figgie Theater. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. See here for more details.
Things you can do every day on Fenway-Kenmore Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.