1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a mostly sunny day with a high near 41 degrees.
2. Voting is on for Boston-wide Holiday Decoration Contest: Remember the Deck the Windows contest for Boston-wide businesses? Near the Fenway area, the finalists are Stingray Body Art in Allston, Centre Pieces Flower Shop in Brighton, and Penguin Pizza in Mission Hill. Each store's display will now go up against the other neighborhood finalists. You can vote for your favorite from now through Dec. 18th. Vote and see more details here. You still have until Dec. 16th to enter the contest for residents, Deck the Rooftops.
3. The Pru at Night: The National Braille Press, a Boston based non-profit braille publisher that promotes literacy for blind children and adults, is celebrating 31 Nights of Light with the Shops at the Prudential Center on Wednesday, December 19th from 4:30-5:00p.m. The 31 Nights of Light was created to help community organizations gain key visibility during the holiday season. Each night in December, the top of the Prudential Tower will be lit a different color in support of that night's partner. See here for more information.
4. Fill a Bus for Charity: The MBTA and MassDOT is looking for help filling one of their buses with toys. Drop off new, unwrapped toys to the bus in South Station through Dec. 14, and the gifts will benefit Action for Boston Community Development, Freedom House, The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC) and Yawkey Boys & Girls Club of Boston.
5. Sandy Relief: Huge names in music are lending their talents to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts at the “12-12-12” concert at 7:30 p.m. tonight. The all-star lineup includes Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, Roger Waters, Kanye West, The Who and Paul McCartney, with other artists to be announced. You can watch the show here in Boston on CBS affiliate WBZ-TV or on a number of cable channels. You can also listen tot he show on 101.7 The Harbor (formerly (WFNX), or watch it online via AOL, Hulu, YouTube or a number of other sites.
Also, please join Patch's effort to raise awareness and funds for those living in Patch communities affected by Sandy: Patch Rebuilds, Patch’s effort to help support devastated communities after the storm, will donate $1 to the AmeriCares Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Fund for every tweet sent with the hashtag #PatchRebuilds.
Things you can do every day on Fenway-Kenmore Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for breaking news updates.
- Want up-to-the minute news? Click here to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.