In case of a snow emergency, make sure you know where you can and can't park so you don't end up with an expensive ticket and a trip to a tow lot to claim your car.
Do I have to move my car?
Not sure if you're parked on a snow artery? Here's a full list of the streets in Fenway-Kenmore you can't park on during a snow emergency:
- Beacon Street
- Boylston Street
- Brookline Avenue
- Commonwealth Avenue
- East Berkeley Street
- Massachusetts Avenue
- Mountfort Street
- Park Drive
- See here for a full list of restricted streets in the "downtown" area.
- See here for alternative parking locations listed for Fenway-Kenmore residents.
The city website also offers this Do and Don't list for parking during a snow emergency. Click here for the full parking regulations:
- Remove disabled cars blocking roadways as soon as possible.
- Make your resident parking sticker visible within 24 hours after the end of a storm.
- Park in discount garages in your neighborhood with valid resident parking sticker visible. Arrive up to two hours prior to the start of the snow emergency and leave two hours after the emergency is lifted; otherwise you will be subject to standard parking rates.
- Follow all other parking regulations during snow emergencies; they will be strictly enforced. Parking meters remain in effect.
- Follow winter weather driving tips.
- Park on a posted snow emergency artery during a declared emergency. You will be ticketed and towed.
- Use space savers more than 48 hours after a snow emergency has been lifted.
- Park within 20 feet of an intersection or further than 1 foot from the curb.
- Park in crosswalks or in front of fire hydrants or ramps.
- Park in front of driveways or extend your car from the driveway over the sidewalk or street.
The city also listed several numbers to keep handy during storms:
- Emergencies (Police, Fire, EMS): 911
- Mayor’s Hotline (24-Hrs): 617-635-4500
- ABCD Fuel Assistance: 617-357-6012
- Boston Water & Sewer: 617-989-7000
- Consumer Complaints: 617-635-3834
- DCR Storm Desk: 617-727-1680
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Inspectional Services: 617-635-1010
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MassDOT: 857-368-6111
- National Grid Gas: 800-322-3223
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- Resident can also receive snow updates using the City's Alert Boston system.