The current storm, Feb. 7-9:
- About two feet of snow fell in Boston, with drifts up to 3-4 feet in some places.
- A snow emergency will go into effect at 12 p.m. on Friday. The ban is still currently in effect while crews work to clear roads.
- Fenway snow emergency parking restrictions: Alternate garages open beginning 10 a.m. Friday.
- The official city of Boston snow information page
Current Transportation Issues
MBTA service remains suspended. See here for more information.
Statewide travel ban was lifted on Saturday at 4 p.m. See here for more information.
Delays, Cancellations and Closings:
- Schools: All Boston Public Schools are CLOSED on Friday
- Municipal buildings: City Hall will close to the public at noon Friday.
- State offices: Closed.
- Courthouses: All state courthouses and offices will close at noon Friday. All emergency matters will be handled according to after-hours Trial Court procedures. All first day jurors scheduled for Boston are cancelled.
- Other delays reported to WHDH
- MBTA travel advisories
- Logan Airport: Open, but with many cancelations and delays.
- Symphony Hall: The 1:30 p.m. Boston Symphony Orchestra performance at Symphony Hall has been canceled. For refunds, call 888-266-1200.
- Trash/Recycling: Collection began at 6 a.m. on Friday. Crews began working early and will shut down when it is no longer safe to be on the roads.
- Community Centers: All Boston Centers for Youth and Family buildings are closed Friday through Sunday, Feb. 8-10.
- Libraries: All Boston Public libraries will be closed Friday through Sunday, Feb. 8-10.
- Parking meters: Normal rules apply
- Tow lot: Normal hours
- Street cleaning: Normal schedule
- City cemeteries: Closed until Monday, Feb. 11
- City golf courses: Closed until Monday, Feb. 11
- Merrimack vs. BU hockey game postponed
- BU: All classes cancelled for Friday and Saturday.
- Emmanuel: All classes and administrative buildings will be closed on Friday
- Northeastern: All classes cancelled for Friday and Saturday.
Digging Out Coverage
- Massachusetts Travel Ban Remains in Effect
- MBTA Service Suspended Saturday
- Blizzard Photos: Stick Your Camera Out the Window!
- MAP: How Much Snow Has Fallen in Fenway-Kenmore?
Fenway-Kenmore Patch Storm Coverage
- MBTA Service Suspended Friday Afternoon
- NSTAR Offers Tips on How to Prepare for Snowstorm
- MBTA: How to Know What's Running During a Snowstorm
- City Taking Precautions to Deal with Serious Winter Storm
- How Boston Prepares for a Snowstorm and What You Can Do
- Boston Snow Emergency Parking in Fenway-Kenmore
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with South End Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
Important numbers listed by the city:
- Emergencies (Police, Fire, EMS): 911
- Mayor’s Hotline (24-Hrs): 617-635-4500
- ABCD Fuel Assistance: 617-357-6012
- Boston Water & Sewer: 617-989-7000
- Consumer Complaints: 617-635-3834
- DCR Storm Desk: 617-727-1680
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Inspectional Services: 617-635-1010
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- MassDOT: 857-368-6111
- National Grid Gas: 800-322-3223
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- Resident can also receive snow updates using the City's Alert Boston system.
List of city-authorized cab companies:
- Top Cab: 617-266-4800
- Boston Cab: 617-536-3200
- I.T.O.A. Cab: 617-825-4000
- City Cab: 617-536-5100
- Metro Cab: 617-782-5500
- Tunnel Taxi: 617-567-2700
- 617TaxiCab: 617-829-4222
Was your car towed?
Snow removal during and after the storm